Thursday, December 31, 2009

Beouf Borguigon


Bonjour les amis!  I finally watched Julia and Julie and of course I was inspired.  I had no idea what the movie was about other than Julia Childs.  I found out that Julie and I have a lot in common.  I too started many projects and never finished and that is excatly why I started my food blog.  I was searching for a recipe and came across my first food blog http://www.cookingwithcarrie.blogspot.com/ and was inspired.  Thank you Carrie!  What better way than to start my own food blog. I love this quote from Julia Childs “Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.”  I finally found a hobby that I love.
I apologize for not taking enough pictures.  I forgot to recharge my camara battery after Christmas, yes I was a little upset especially after spending four hours in the kitchen.  It was truly a labor of love.  I must admit I was very intimated to try this recipe but if Julie could do it so could I.  Did I mention how nervous I was? 
A little side note...My husband was playing Saboteur (xbox 360 game) it takes place during WWII in Paris...so I had french accents and music playing in the background...setting the mood.
 I followed the recipe exactly.  I went to this site http://cooking.knopfdoubleday.com/2009/07/13/julia-childs-boeuf-bourguignon-recipe/ for the recipe.  I also visited http://cookingnopfdoubleday.com/2009/07/08/attempting-boeuf-bourguignon/ she has great step by step pictures...I visited for support. 
Oignons Glacés À Brun, a.k.a brown-braised onions  (This is a seperate Julia Child recipe it must be made and included in the stew)  recipe is on the link posted above. 
Champignons Sautés au Beurre, aka sautéed mushrooms (this is also a seperate recipe that must be included in the stew) recipe is on the link posted above.  I love BUTTER and MUSHROOMS  I will never make them any other way but this way!  It was heaven in my mouth!! 
If you have been putting off making this recipe make time it is absolutely delicious its smooth, rich, hearty and perfect for a cold winters day.  Let me know how yours turn out! 
                       Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Marianna it looks SO delicious... really fantastic! I want to give it a try but I am intimidated, just look at how many pearl onions you had to peel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to try it! You will thank me later. I bought a bag of frozen pearl onions. I couldn't find fresh ones. Open the bag and boil them for a few minutes until their thawed and then throw them in a pan! Let me know how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete