Saturday, December 19, 2009

Slow-Cooker Turkey and Dressing








Oh my I didn't realize it been so long. I was really looking forward to sharing my Thanksgiving recipes with you but I was sick for three weeks!! It was so bad I ordered my turkey and ham from heavenly ham!! They were lifesavers!! I will just have to share my recipes with you next year. I did come across this easy-peasy recipe for Turkey and Dressing. It was soooo delicious and it smelled the whole house! Yummm....my husband told everyone how good it was!

Ingredients:
1 (8oz.) pkg herb-seasoned stuffing mix
1 onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 Tbs. butter or magarine, melted
1 (3lb) frozen boneless turkey breast, thawed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 (0.88oz)pkg turkey gravy mix

*Coat inside of a 4qt electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Add stuffing mix, onion, celery, and cranberries. Combine broth and melted butter. Pour over stuffing, and stir gently.
*Remove string from turkey breast. Rinse turkey breast. Place turkey in slow cooker on top of stuffing. combine salt,pepper, and thyme; sprinkle over turkey. Cover and cook at HIGH 1 hour. Reduce to LOW, & cook 5 to 6 hours or until a meat themometer inserted in turkey registers 17o degrees.
*Remove turkey to a serving platter. Stir stuffing gently in slow cooker, cover and let stand 3 to 4 minutes. Prepare gravy. Spoon stuffing around turkey on platter.
**Yield: 5 to 6 servings. Prep: 10 min Cook: 7 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment