Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet Beer Bread


This is the easiest quick bread recipe I have ever made.  Only 4 ingredients and 45 minutes later and you have a delicious loaf of bread.
Ingredients:
3 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 (12oz) bottle beer (I used Landshark)*
1/4 cup butter,melted

Directions:  1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Stir together first three ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 9x5" loaf pan.
2) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Pour melted butter over top. 
*non-alcoholic or light bear may be substituted.

adapted from southern living "our test kitchen secret"

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am SO excited to find a bread recipe that doesn't use yeast! I have a strict "no yeast" policy because I can't ever get it to rise correctly (I've tried and failed to make bread and rolls dozens of times). Very cool recipe Marianna!!

    ReplyDelete