Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Easy Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies


After a busy week I was craving a little comfort. I could not make up my mind if I wanted a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie or an oatmeal cookie...How about both!! Did I mention it was a busy week? The last thing I wanted to do was cream eggs, butter, and sugar. I came across this SIMPLE and quick recipe from Christmas Southern Living 2002 cookbook. I was unsure of it at first but what the hey....can I just say they were awesome!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup (6oz) semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well.
  • Shape mixture into 1"balls. (Dough will be crumbly & greasy) Place balls on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degree F. for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield 6 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment