Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coconut Curried Chicken

I just love when my husband finds a recipe he wants us to try. I was really surprised when he picked this one because he is a picky eater and this recipe calls for curry and coconut milk. You will have half a can of coconut milk left over so I used it for in my rice...yummy.

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts

(3 or 4 breasts), cut into bite-size pieces

2 Tbs. curry powder (I only used 1, not a big fan of curry)

1/2 cup canned light coconut milk

1 Tbs. canned tomato paste

2 tsp. vegetable oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 small onion, chopped

1 tsp chopped fresh ginger

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp. salt


In a 2 qt, microwavable dish, stir the chicken with the oil until it's good and greasy. Stir in the curry powder, garlic, onion, ginger and cayenne pepper. Nuke for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring a few times, until the spices are fragrant and the chicken is almost cooked through. Move the chicken to the sides of the dish and mix the coconut milk and tomato paste in the middle. Mix thoroughly with the chicken and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Heat for 10 to 12 minutes , stirring a few times. Stir in salt and serve . Makes 4 servings

serve over rice to soak up the sauce and top with 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro.

adapted from men's health magazine , may 2005 A man, a can, a microwave.

2 comments:

  1. Ive been wanting to try making my own curried chicken - thanks for a great recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when my husband picks out a recipe too, I will cook anything if he will just decide on something (which he never does). I am not a curry lover either, but I like how you used the extra coconut milk in your rice! I bet that was delicious!

    ReplyDelete