Thursday, June 18, 2009

Asian Chicken & Noodle Skillet

This was the easiest dinner ever!!! If you are short on time this is a quick skillet dish. Although the look on my husbands face was priceless....he asked me why he was getting ramen noodles for dinner? I told him that these were special ramen noodles and I had "dressed" them up. He wasn't impressed but it sure was tasty!
2 medium carrots, julienne strips
1 medium red bell pepper, cut lengthwise or chopped
5-6 green onions with tops, divided
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
2 T. toasted sesame oil
2 T. Asian Seasoning Mix (I used pampered chef)
4 pkg. (3oz. each) oriental-flavor ramen noodles
1 T. vegetable oil
4 cups of water
  • Cut carrots into julienne strips, cut bell pepper lengthwise into 1/3 in. strips ( I chopped mine because I wasn't paying attention). Slice green onions; set aside tops for garnish.
  • Thinly slice chicken breast. Combine chicken breast, sesame oil, seasoning mix, and two of the ramen seasoning packets ( I used one so it would not be over powering) in bowl; mix well.
  • Add vegetable oil to (12 in) skillet; heat over medium high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken and cook; remove from skillet and keep warm.
  • Add carrots and bell pepper to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and remaining ramen seasoning packets ( I omitted this step); stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add ramen noodles and white parts of green onions to skillet.
  • Cover; bring to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add chicken; stir to break apart noodles. Remove skillet from heat; let stand, covered, 3-4 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.

This recipe was adapted from Season's Best recipe collection Pampered chef spring/summer 2009 p.13. You can substitute the chicken for 2 pork tenderloins about 1 pound each. I cut the recipe in half there fore I only used one packet of ramen noodle seasoning mix. I didn't want it to taste salty.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Asian flavors, this looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful asian inspired meal! Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a quick and tasty weeknight meal! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete