Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fried Rice with Ham


I have been craving fried rice all week! This dish only took 15 minutes to make no excuse for not making dinner. I cooked the rice in a rice cooker the night before my husband and I both had to work 12 hour shifts the next day. Sometimes I don't feel like cooking after a long shift I wanted something quick and easy.
2-Tbs. peanut oil ( I used canola oil)
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2-tsp. peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
1/2-tsp. minced garlic
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4-tsp. salt
1/4-tsp. sugar
1/3 lb. finely diced cooked lean ham
1/2 cup frozen tiny peas
2-Tbs. soy sauce
2 cups cold cooked rice
1/2-tsp. sesame oil
  • Heat oil in wok until hot. Add next 3 ingredients; stir-fry 1 minute. Add eggs; scramble loosely; break up with spatula. Add next 5 ingredients; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add rice; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add sesame oil; stir and serve immediately.
  • For best results with fried rice recipes, be sure rice is cold before stir-frying.
  • makes 4 servings.

(This recipe was adapted from Wok Cookbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment