Sunday, February 1, 2009

Corn Muffins


I forgot to set the timer as you can see...I caught these just in time! I served these corn muffins with Dirty Rice for dinner tonight.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (14.75oz.) cream-style corn
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 can (4oz.) diced green chilies
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together corn, buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and diced green chilies. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
  • Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake (oops). Remove muffins from tin and cool slightly on a wire rack. Best if served warm!
(This recipe was adapted from taste of home magazine. I used plain cornmeal instead of yellow because I wanted to use what I had and I did not add the chilies because I didn't have any. I don't normally use buttermilk so this was the perfect recipe to use that up and I had one lonely can of cream of corn that I bought over the holidays I wanted to use )

No comments:

Post a Comment