Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Portuguese Shrimp

Wow! I can't believe we are in September! Where did the month of August go? It's been awhile since I have posted we have been so busy. I got to experience a concert with my six year old niece, Saige...I will never be the same again! We went to see the Jonas Brothers...rock on! My parents just purchased a Lake House for the whole family to enjoy. We are so excited but of course they put us all to work Labor Day weekend. I can't wait until we all start cooking together. Which reminds me....my mother used to make this recipe all the time growing up. Its quick and easy and soooo tasty.

Ingredients:
24 lg. shrimp
1 tsp. brandy extract
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
2 cans (8oz) tomato sauce
2 tsp. A-1 steak sauce
2 med green peppers (diced)
2 med red pepper (diced)
4 green onion sliced
1 TBS. onion flakes
Cooked rice
  • Combine brandy, ginger, lemon pepper, shrimp together and marinate 20 minutes.
  • In a skillet add tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then add shrimp.
  • Do not over cook shrimp.
  • Serve over rice.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks incredible! It doesn't sound spicy at all, was it? I've barely posted too, August/September is always crazy busy! I took my son to his first concert recently too! How funny is that?!

    ReplyDelete