Friday, April 10, 2009

Meatballs for Two


I have been craving spaghetti and meatballs for the last three days. As soon as Mike and I came home from vacation this is what I made for dinner the next day. After eating out for lunch and dinner for the last four days it was so good to have a home cooked meal. This recipe is great just for two...but of course my husband does not like meatballs. I guess I know what I will be bringing to work tomorrow for lunch. I made homemade tomato sauce that simmered all day and I put the meatballs in the sauce for about thirty minutes to give the sauce more flavor.
For those of you who are on a time crunch you can use any spaghetti sauce of your liking...yes, even if it comes in a jar.
1 egg
3 Tbs. seasoned, bread crumbs
2 Tbs. chopped onion
1 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
1/8-tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb. ground beef
Tomato sauce of your choice
Hot cooked spaghetti
In a bowl combine first 5 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs. Brown in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes until meatballs no longer pink.
**My favorite brand of pasta other than homemade is Barilla. When choosing a pasta always make sure the first ingredient is Semolina otherwise it will turn to mush when you cook it. Cook until "al dente" which means firm to the bite. **

No comments:

Post a Comment