Friday, April 10, 2009

Crab Cakes Our Way

I love when my husband suggests ideas for dinner so I was excited when he said he wanted crab cakes. Since he is a picky eater I was happy to find an easy recipe with ingredients he would enjoy. You'll love how simple these are to prepare.

1 lb. fresh crabmeat ( I used imitation crabmeat)
6 to 8 multigrain saltine crackers, finely crushed ( I used breadcrumbs)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 TBS. minced fresh parsley
1-1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS. butter or margarine

  • Drain and flake crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. (If using imitation crabmeat like I did make sure it is chopped up very fine)
  • Combine crushed crackers and next 7 ingredients; gently fold crabmeat into mixture. Shape into 6 thin patties.
  • Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. (I used canola oil, when I used the butter it burned my patties to quickly)

Add crab cakes: cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.

Adapted from Southern Living Cookbook pg. 237

No comments:

Post a Comment