Sunday, October 24, 2010

Anonville Manor Dinner Mystery Party

Jaime Bond (Secret FBI Agent)

I have always wanted to host a mystery dinner party.  This year for our annual Halloween Party we were able to thanks to our friends who were eager to participate.  We hosted our party at my parent’s lake house which comfortably seated all 17 of us to a sit down dinner. 

I went to www.mymysteryparty.com and chose a party that was perfect for our group.  The game is played in three rounds of cocktail and appetizers, dinner, coffee and dessert.    Everyone was handed envelopes at the beginning of each round that instructs the characters what to do and say (there is a lot of improv).  The party was a success thanks to our friends who really got into their characters.  For example,our friend Marshall was Mayor Paul A. Tisshon he drove up with a sign on his car saying “Re-Elect Paul A Tisshon “ and handed out buttons for all of us to wear.  My husband played the part of a narcissist butcher much to well.  Good Times!!  I highly suggest this website.  They were quick to respond to my emails and very helpful.  They have mystery games for all ages and holidays.  Then even have scavenger hunts---maybe next year! 

Here are a few pictures from that evening.  For appetizers I served shrimp cocktails.  I went to the dollar store and purchased champagne glasses. I filled the bottom of the glass with crushed ice and topped it off with shrimp cocktail sauce.  Dinner was half of a Cornish hen with wild rice and steamed green beans. Dessert was Crème brulee ( will post recipe at a later time). 

DSC_0989    DSC_0990 DSC_0991 DSC_0992 DSC_0993 DSC_0994DSC_0995

DSC_0996DSC_0997 DSC_0998DSC_0999DSC_1007DSC_1008

DSC_1006DSC_1004DSC_1009DSC_1002

 

No comments:

Post a Comment