Friday, January 30, 2009

Banana Pancake for One




What do you do with ONE banana?

You make ONE pancake!!

I found this recipe in Taste of Home Cooking for 2 magazine.
Since my husband does not like pancakes of any kind I thought this would be perfect for me. It tasted like ONE big giant sized banana muffin.
1/4 cup plus 1 TBS. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the banana, egg, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
  • Pour batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or spreadable fruit if desired. Yeild: 1 pancake.




1 comment:

  1. I love the idea for this recipe! We always have 1 old banana on our counter that eventually gets thrown away. Great idea and recipe!!

    ReplyDelete